Monday, March 12, 2012

Learning how to throw (after 12 years)

I watched beto's pec drill a few more times, and read blake t's secret technique/hammer drill thread on dg review, trying to get a real feel for the hit. Putting these 2 together while playing tonight, it didn't seem to add any distance, but didn't take it away either. When everything was right, they flew smoother with much less effort, no soreness or fatigue. I was primarily throwing a Discraft Nebula (08 ace race disc) (it's bright orange, and the course isn't very maintained, plus it was getting darker) only the slightest high speed turn, then finishing pretty much straight.

I tried this again for 8 holes tonight, not comfortable with water so close to the one hole). Still using the Nebula, I was starting to get a more consistent release point, still right around 200' so I'm obviously not doing something right. It was about a 50/50 mix of when they were smooth and when I was strong arming. The strong arms always went farther, but figure that's just since I'm so new to this style.

I'm wanting to stick with a mid to point out form flaws, but thinking about using something different from the Nebula since they don't make it anymore. I have discraft: meteor, nebular, stratus, all esp and 174 fairly new, a z wasp 174 moderately warn and a esp buzz 177 brand new. Innova dx goblin 175 new, champ shark I think max weight, but can't read it anymore, and beat to hxll and back. I have a d challenger 174 kind of warn and a gateway wizard 175 beat almost as bad as the shark. I can never find a comfortable grip to drive putters though.

No comments:

Post a Comment